Sergei Kalugin

Hi, I’m Sergei [sʲɪrˈɡʲej] and I am a developer here in the MAD Studio. I write code, design interfaces and create artwork for both online and offline projects.

I came from a beautiful city of Saint Petersburg, Russia where I got my Masters degree in Economics and Management and later discovered a hidden passion for web development, design, and ergonomics. I spent couple years working for numerous online shops and start-ups in Russia and the U.S. Not long after moving to Windy City I started working in Northwestern as a contractor and after 6 months I was invited to join the team as a full-time employee.

I’m proud to be the part of Northwestern. I truly love its academic environment and value the interdisciplinary spirit of our group. I wish we could host a glass bead game session one day.

My favorite things are bad weather, the Alps, Finland, lox and the art of Wassily Kandinsky.

I enjoy working with faculty and always do my best to understand the subject of their expertise in order to be able to create real value through digital products that I built. Feel free to shoot me an email or stop by to say “hi” and discuss a project. See you around!