Sergei Kalugin

Hi, I’m Sergei [sʲɪrˈɡʲej] and I am a developer here in the MMLC. I write code, design interfaces and create artwork for both online and offline projects.

I came from a beautiful city of Saint Petersburg of Russia where I got my degree in Economics and Management and later discovered a hidden passion for web development, design, and ergonomics. I spent couple years working for numerous on-line shops and start-ups in Russia and the U.S. Not long after moving to Windy City I started working in Northwestern as a contractor and after 6 months I was invited to join MMLC’s great team as a full-time employee.

I’m proud to be the part of Northwestern. I truly love its academic environment and especially I value the interdisciplinary spirit of MMLC. I wish we could host a glass bead game session one day.

My favorite things are bad weather, the Alps, Finland, lox and Wassily Kandinsky’s art.

I enjoy working with faculty and always do my best to understand the subject of their expertise in order to offer real value in return. Feel free to shoot me an email or stop by to say “hi” and discuss your project. See you around!